Stephen Curry – Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring
In 17 lessons, the two-time MVP breaks down his mechanics, drills, mental attitude, and scoring techniques.
- Introduction: Write Your Own Story
- Meet Stephen. The two-time MVP starts his class by sharing two turning points in his personal transformation from “nervous” junior varsity player to NBA champion.
- Shooting: Stance, Alignment, and Mechanics
- Stephen breaks down his shooting techniques and shares some common mistakes that shooters should avoid.
- Form Shooting Practice
- Now that you’ve got the mechanics down, Stephen teaches you how to practice your form every day on the court.
- Show all 17 Lessons
- Shooting off the Catch
- Adding the catch to your mechanics puts you in a position to score at a moment’s notice. Here’s how Stephen shoots when he receives a pass.
- Ball-Handling: Foundations
- The best way to become a better shooter is to become a better ball-handler. From posture to practice techniques,
- Stephen shows you his form for handling the ball.
- Shooting off the Dribble, Part 1
- Once you build strong foundations in ball-handling and shooting, it’s time to start combining them. Stephen teaches you how to shoot off the dribble and how to practice pickup shooting.
- Ball-Handling: On the Move
- Now that you’re comfortable with your stationary ball-handling mechanics, Stephen teaches you what to keep in mind when you take the dribble on the move.
- Shooting off the Dribble, Part 2
- Stephen incorporates movement and footwork into shooting off the dribble, teaching you more sophisticated ways to practice becoming a dynamic scorer.
- Creating Space From Your Defender
- With the help of his practice partner, Brandon, Stephen teaches a few concepts for getting past a defender and creating an open shot.
- Film Session: Creating Space and Beating Your Defender
- Illustrating the concepts from the previous chapter with real in-game scenarios, Stephen talks through scoring moves and shows you his mechanics at work on the court.
- Ball Screens
- Every player should work to master the ball screen. Stephen shares concepts, strategies, and practice tips for executing perfect ball screens.
- Film Session: Ball Screens
- Taking a look at game film, Stephen brings the ball screen work from the previous chapter to life and teaches you what to look for when watching ball screens in games.
- Scoring at the Rim
- With an emphasis on protecting the ball, layups, and floaters, Stephen breaks down his technique for finishing at the rim both in practice and in games.
- Off Screens: Curl, Pop, and Fade
- Curl, pop, and fade are a few techniques for scoring when coming off of screens without the ball. Stephen teaches you how to lose a defender and score once the ball hits your hands.
- Ball-Handling: Overloading
- Stephen teaches you his approach to overloading with two basketballs and a tennis ball to help you become a more confident ball-handler and make faster decisions in games.
- Pregame Preparation
- Stephen shows you how to mentally prepare for competition and build a ball-handling warm-up you can use before games.
- Conclusion: The Journey Towards Perfection
- Stephen ends his class and prepares you to continue your journey, reminding you to always love what you do, be your own biggest fan, and push yourself toward your full potential.
Sales Page: https://www.masterclass.com/classes/stephen-curry-teaches-shooting-ball-handling-and-scoring
Download Files Size: 2.08GB